1. Your LiveJournal User Name: PollyTrance
2. The name that you choose to use: Phoebe... it's friendly and of my father's choice.
3. Explain how/why you picked the user picture(s) you have: I dunno. They show off my coloured hair?
- The Stats -
4. Date of Survey: 6.29.01
Account type: Free Account
If permanent, what did you do to get it? If free, why not a paid account?: No If's :(
- Your Journal -
5. Why do you have a Journal page? Do you have a Journal page for yourself, your friends, strangers to know you, and/or everyone?: Because it is a fun thing to write in when I am bored... and because I can read what other people do in their daily lives... and because I can play with user pictures and little emotion thingies.
6. Why did you pick LiveJournal (LJ) over another service or handwriting?: Because Erin had one and I thought hers was the most awesome of all!
7. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) how well does your LiveJournal represent who you actually are?: 10. I have no need to filter anything on here... It's better to give people links to what happened then having to tell the stories over and over again to people on the phone. Everyone knows where this thing is that cares.
8. How do you think your LJ represents you the most; factually (includes daily routine), emotionally, intellectually, sexually, religiously, or artistically?: I don't know. I guess all of those except religiously because religion is one of those things like politics that I have no idea about.
9. How much about your life do you post to LJ?: About 95% of it... I don't post about when I sleep and go to the Lou.
10. On a scale of 1-10 how interesting do you think your own journal is to others?: I don't know... 3.
11. From who / how did you find out about LJ?: From Erin. She is rad... and Rasputina has a link to Livejournal on their site. It's this guy named Uncle Coco.
12. Has anyone ever joined LJ because of you?: Yes and it makes me happy when skies are gray! Double D even posted about how it was all my fault!Josh and Lauren did too, though they don't post very often.
13. How long have you been a member of LJ?: Late April, 2001
14. How often do you post to LJ?: I try to do it at least once a day to keep some consistency in my life and to make sure I remember everything.
15. What proportion of your posts are friends only? Totally private?: None
16. What is your FAVORITE interest on LJ: I don't understand... I guess reading random journals is the coolest thing.
17. What is your favorite community on LJ? Why?: There was one about weird people that I liked a lot because it was void of actual sense but I don't know what it's called.
18. Have you ever learned anything new on LJ?: Tons of stuff. Jonathan Richman.
19. Has anything on LJ ever caused you to establish, rethink, or even change your belief or position on something?: Most likely. I don't know fo sho tho.
20. How often do you respond / comment on other peoples journals?: As often as I can. A lot of these people's journals show such intelligence and stuff that it leaves me speechless and I have nothing to say. I hope no one takes it as me giving them the cold shoulder... I just can't think of anything to add when I get blown away like that.
21. Do you prefer to write in your Journal, read other Journals, respond to others entries, or get responses to your entries?: All of it is good.
22. What's the longest you've gone without posting to LJ since the day you signed up?: I think three days. That's pretty freaking sad.
23. What's the longest you've gone without reading LJ since you discovered it?: I never stop. If I don't post I browse. It's so addicting.
24. What is your favorite post you've ever made to LJ?: I don't know. I think the one where I was talking about little kids and their shoelaces and how they are jacked. Or maybe the "Chest Hair" reprint.
25. What is your favorite post you've ever read on LJ?: Erin's post about the rich men down the street and their snowblowers.
26. What's the weirdest or funniest thing you've seen on LJ?: This picture that was posted in a journal about being Jersey trash. That was cool.
27. Have you ever specifically asked a question for people to reply to in your Journal (polls included)?: Yes... help and pick-up lines.
28. Have you ever tried to play the "trace yourself back through friends from a random LJ user"?: Yes, and the first time I kept getting dead ended and I almost smashed the computer.
29. Have you ever played the "add a sentence to my post" game?: No, but it sounds fun.
30. Have you ever lied/fibbed in your journal?: Nope.
31. Have you ever had something mean said to you or been stalked, harassed, or got into an argument/flame war on LJ (or did it to someone else)?: ChrisHaas told me I was an idiot... then he felt bad and put me on his friends list... then because I never talked to him, he took me off. That's all.
32. Have you ever banned someone from your Journal?: No
33. Has LiveJournal had any significant impact on your life?: It helps me keep in touch with Lauren, so yes.
- Friends -
34. Who are your favorite LJ friend(s) and why?: They're all fabulous in their own respects. To pick a favourite would be hurtful.
35. How many of your LJ friends are your friends in "real life" (you see them regularly)?: Well, real life, Josh and Lauren, but I don't see either of them regularly because I'm too busy posting. Ha!
36. How many of your LJ friends have you actually met (but you don't see them regularly)?: None yet.
37. Have you ever e-mailed or I.M.'d someone you found on LJ?: Probably. I know I talk to them outside of it on IM's sometimes but it's hard to know who tagged who.
38. Of all of the people on LJ you know of, who is the most like you?: That's easy. AUBREY. We both have the same bjorkian blood.
39. Who is the most intelligent or insightful person you know on LJ?: Hercorpse. Her language just flows so nicely it's like reading a masterpiece when she posts. But everyone else is intelligent and insightful as well.
41. Who is your least favorite / most annoying LJ user or community (WARNING: ANSWER AT YOUR OWN RISK)?: I haven't yet encountered someone I couldn't stand.
43. Why are you MOST likely to add someone to your friends list?: If they have posts that make me laugh or that I can relate to, or if their style of writing is something interesting, or if they post pictures of boys kissing like Tyler does :)
44. Do you automatically add friends to your journal if they add you first?: No, but I feel guilty if I don't do it after like two days.
44a. What is most likely the reason you WOULDN'T add someone to your friends list?: If they were really arrogant and insulted things I supported or if they had negative biases.
45. Do you care if someone adds you to his or her friends list if you add him or her first?: No.
45a. Would you remove them from yours if they didn't? Maybe if their posts got incredibly boring.
- More than Friends on LJ -
47. Is your "Significant Other" on LJ?: No, he won't read it, because he says there are things about me he'd rather not know.
48. OTHER than your S.O., who are you the most attracted to on LJ (those who think this question means an instant argument with your S.O. may pass on this question, if you don't have a S.O. just answer it)?: I've never thought of it that way...
49. Who is the sexiest person you know on LJ?: Does Kevin Bacon have a LiveJournal?
50. Have you ever fantasized about someone on LJ?: Not yet... should I be looking forward to it?
51. Would you want to know if someone fantasized about you on LJ?: That would be interesting, but interesting things are often impossible. (Like being able to fly on a broom and things like that.)
52. Would you date someone you met on LJ?: Well, it would certainly be easy because I would know an awful lot before getting into anything.
53. Have you ever wanted to meet someone on LJ?: Everyone on my friends list, but not in the "I want to meet you so we can hook up" way.
54. Have you ever actually met someone from LJ romantically (or otherwise) and hit it off (or not)?: Nope
55. Have you ever posted a naughty picture / post / story on LJ?: I don't think I ever posted anything slightly "naughty" ... I could post the story of when Jessica and I got kicked out of Drama. We were acting "naughty" LOL.
- Technical LiveJournal -
56. Do you prefer to post from a Client or the Web Interface? Which do you usually use?: *stares blankly* I'm pretty sure I use the client and that I prefer it.
57. Do you use HTML to add extras to your entries?: Only to make links because I am dumb... and I did a marquee thing once.
58. Is your LJ page customized (at all -- even from template), template, or default?: Yeah. I picked the colours and it says, "sing to me in Hindi"
59. Do you usually use the WinAmp music detector, add you music manually, or none at all?: I add it manually because I like to type it.
60. How well do you know the LJ features and how to use it (e.g. do you know you could edit or delete old entries, get live updates of your friends page, etc.)?: I know them all right, I suppose.
61. What is your favorite LJ feature?: The random button!!!
62. What is your least favorite LJ feature?: That you get so much more when you login than normal... I never login because I always forget.
63. What feature would you most like to see added to LJ?: A sound option for each post, so you can make noises or something.
64. What moods would you most like to see added to LJ?: defenestrated?
65. "One day the directory will work again." How long until YOU believe that day will come?: When everyone has a paid account.
66. On a scale of 1-100, rate the LJ for convenience, usefulness, and coolness factor: 99
- Miscellaneous -
67. How many other surveys have you done on LJ?: None, but I do steal things and jump on lots of bandwagons.
68. How does this survey compare to those?: um...
69. Do you think this last question was added solely to get to this number or not: Most likely was. I'm going to go read Double D's journal because he finally posted.